8 tips for reducing technical debt (without killing operations).
Completing an IT software project quickly without incurring some level of technical debt is challenging.
Here are eight ways to reduce or eliminate technical debt with few, if any, adverse effects:
1. Align operations and business teams
2. Plan carefully and budget realistically
3. Set achievable goals and measure results
4. Build on a strong, flexible foundation
5. Get agile
6. Avoid outdated tech
7. Retire lightly-used resources
8. Heed the warning signs
Read the full article here.