*Certified policies and details are subject to change at anytime and will be updated on this website accordingly.
Contact us with any of your certification questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earning a Skuid Certified – Builder credential proves your Skuid building skills and makes you a leader in today’s competitive market. Becoming a certified Skuid builder demonstrates your dedication to your profession, current organization, future employers, and peers.
Open doors and attain the recognition you deserve. Hone your Skuid building skills as you prepare for the exam. Learn how to get certified below.
What you get
Certification studies have shown certified candidates
Get hired faster
Gain a competitive advantage
Increase earning potential
of hiring managers report certification is an important criterion for hiring
of certified candidates produce higher quality work
per employee that completes a certification
- Create a free Skuid Skool account, register, and pay your registration fee in the certification tab.
- Prepare for the exam using guides, prep materials, and practice exams included in your registration.
- When you’re ready to take the exam, click the exam link in Skuid Skool or from the link you received in your email. Then answer the exam questions and submit.
- Wait for email confirmation of your score.
1. You passed! You’re certified for 2 years. Recertification requirements will be available in the Skuid Skool Recertification tab, soon.
2. Didn’t pass? Don’t worry. You can register to retake the exam.
Click the Register in Skuid Skool button.
- Exam preparation tools
- 1 practice exam (unlimited attempts)
- 1 official exam (1 attempt)
Certified participants receive:
- Digital badges
- Exclusive prizes*
- 10,000 Skuid Skool Points
- Exclusive Community networking access
- Review and acknowledge the Exam agreement, and you’re on your way.
- Begin to prepare for the exam by learning the topics included in levels 1 and 2 of Skuid Skool training.
About the exam
- 40 questions selected from a large pool of questions within various Skuid building topic areas.
- Question types might include:
- Multiple choice (one answer)
- Multiple response (multiple answers)
- Images in the question and/or answers
- A time limit of 90 minutes.
- After completing the exam, you will have your results immediately.
- A passing score of (60%) is required.
Please see our FAQ's and policies for more details.
Preparing for the exam:
With your registration, you receive a certification preparation guide, practice exam, and other tips and tricks. In addition to the Explore More and Level 1 and 2 courses in Skuid Skool, you’ll be able to learn many valuable Skuid building skills to prepare you for the exam.
After the exam:
If you receive a passing score:
- Congrats! Post your certification on Linkedin and celebrate your achievement.
If you don’t pass the exam:
- Don't worry; you have the opportunity to retake it. See the retake section below in FAQs.
Certification must be renewed every 2 years from the date of your passing exam score. More information on recertification is coming soon.
FAQs and policies
How to get certified and why
Why should I get certified? What are the advantages?
There are so many great reasons to get a Skuid Certification. These reasons include:
- a chance to prove your skills
- become more marketable
- gain personal satisfaction from the accomplishment
- learn new skills, and get job promotions
Check out Benefits for some additional reasons.
How can I convince my employer to invest in my certification?
Write a proposal or have a conversation with the decision-makers in your organization. Be sure to answer questions about how this will bring value to the organization. For example, a Skuid Certification could enable you to share Skuid knowledge, mentor other team members, build Skuid functionality to make your team more productive and solve many other internal team problems. Be sure to share specific Skuid skills and items you can build after earning your certification.
Your proposal should include:
- The cost
- How these skills will help your organization.
- The courses you will complete and what you will learn/improve in (see Who should pursue a Skuid certification below).
- A plan for how you will prepare for the exam. Will it require time during work, be completed after work, or be used as a means to perform critical work projects simultaneously? Minimal work disruption or value on the job will usually help you make a case.
- Outline the amount of time you expect to complete the certification program.
- List how your certification will save the organization money by putting your skills to use. (You’ll find better ways to complete needed tasks, learn to prevent problems before they occur, be able to mentor other users, be more efficient at your role, and build functionality to make other users more efficient at theirs).
- Provide examples of other companies paying for similar certifications.
- Will certification help you get external contracts or other opportunities for the organization?
- Here is a good resource about the value of certifications.
- Be sure to cater this proposal to the needs of your budget decision-maker.
How do I get certified?
To meet the Skuid Certification requirements, you must complete each step outlined in the Certification journey and get an official exam score of 60% or higher. More details about this process and the exam can be found in the remaining FAQ questions below.
Who should pursue a Skuid certification?
A Skuid certification is designed to help Skuid builders develop and prove their skills. Whether you are a Skuid and Salesforce Admin, a Developer, or a citizen Skuid builder, this certification is for you. Before taking the exam, we recommend Skuid builders successfully complete the learning paths Level 1, Level 2, Deploy and Manage Skuid Apps in Salesforce, and Explore More within Skuid Skool. In addition to the courses, they should confidently be able to build in Skuid because the exam will cover concepts from the learning paths listed above and real-world Skuid-building scenarios.
What does a certification include?
After registering for certification, the candidate receives:
- Access to the certification prep guide
- One practice exam
- One official exam (1 exam scheduled within 6 months of registration)
After a passing exam score, the Certified participant receives:
- A sharable and validated digital badge to post on social media, email signatures, the Skuid Community, etc.
- A physical iron-on badge*. You can attach this to your bag, pin to a collector ribbon, or put it in any place you choose. Each recertification or additional certification includes additional badges and promotional “swag” items.
- 10,000 Skuid Skool Points to move you to the head of the class with future prize-winning opportunities.
- Exclusive listing in the Certified Users list for Skuid Companies (with the candidate’s permission). Your digital badge can proudly be displayed on the Skuid Community with this prestigious certified status. This means employers can find you easily, and your new status will promote you.
Badges, networking, Community listings, and other recognition:
What is a digital badge?
We want people to validate your accomplishment with confidence. A digital badge provides a secure verification of your credential, including an embedded expiration date, name, and issuing institution. This badge can be shared on social media sites or in the signature of your email. With your permission, digital badges can protect the integrity of your credential and allow you to share them more easily.
How do I share my digital badge? (sites, resume, etc.)
- Within one week of receiving your passing exam score, you will receive an email with details about your badge. You can also access the badge from the certification status page within Skuid Skool or at www.accredible.com.
- Once logged into your credentialing badge page you can select the following options: PDF, Email, embed, Facebook, Twitter, What’s App, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumbler, Reddit, Hacker News, Yummly, Skype, Evernote, Telegram, Snapchat, and more. For specific instructions, see How Do I Share My Credential.
- To add a badge to your email signature, follow the instructions on How Do I Embed a Credential.
- Unless you’ve opted not to display your badge, your badge will be added to your Skuid Community profile and other Skuid listings after your certification passing score has been confirmed. Your Skuid Community title will also be updated to Skuid Certified - Builder. You can change these profile settings at any time in your Community account settings and from other sources by emailing a request to email@example.com.
Why should I share my digital badge?
Your digital badge is proof of your achievement and knowledge of Skuid. Receiving this badge requires expert knowledge and skill. By sharing your digital badge, your virtual community can celebrate with you. You become open to a network of companies looking for expert Skuid builders. We highly recommend you share it freely; you’ve earned it!
Will someone copy my digital badge?
That’s the beauty of a digital badge; it's yours! Our digital badges are electronic files with uniquely embedded data verified in real-time. This means it is very difficult for someone to copy a badge as the badge continually syncs with the verification page. Digital badges are more secure and update to show the certification date, expiration date, and other verified information.
What happens to my digital badge if my certification expires?
Certifications with Skuid expire 2 years from the date you last passed the exam. Your badge will automatically expire if you do not complete the required recertification tasks before the expiration date. The badge will still exist, but it will have an expired date listed. You will no longer be listed as a currently certified member of the Skuid Community and will have to certify again with the current process.
What is the Community job board and how does it relate to certification?
The Skuid Community is a great place to share your credentials and get recognition by commenting on discussions and sharing projects you’ve built. The community also has a Job Board (coming Summer 2023) where members can post Skuid-related jobs and resumes. As a certified user, your badge will mark your comments as an expert contributor and make your posts stand out on the job board. Employers can also search Certified builders for projects or jobs they are looking to fill.
We want you to be recognized for your expertise within the Skuid Community. This means:
- Your user title will be updated to Skuid Certified - Builder.
- An exclusive badge will be added to your Community avatar helping you stand out as an Expert Skuid Builder.
Let us know if you have any questions or would like to opt-out. You can change these profile settings at any time in your Community account settings or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don’t want my certification to be public?
Opting Out: If you want to stay under the radar, you can choose that too. If you want to change your public/private status in the Community, please email us at email@example.com to request the change.
Badges: To make your digital badge public or private, see Accredible’s How Do I Make My Credential Private/Public?
Where else can my name be listed as a certified user?
With your permission (see What if I don’t want my Certification to be Public above), we will share your name with our networks. For example, if a Skuid customer is looking for a certified builder in their area, we might share the Community page with them.
If you are an individual from one of our partner organizations, you may list yourself as a Skuid - Certified Builder on your organization’s website. The organization itself cannot be certified, only individuals. It builds confidence for Skuid customers to know they are working directly with a certified builder.
Registering for and scheduling the exam:
How do I register for the exam?
To register for the certification program
- Log in to or create a free account at www.skuidskool.com.
- From within Skuid Skool select the “Certification” menu option on the left-hand side.
- Select the “Register now” button.
- You will be asked to submit your personal information such as name, email address, etc. as well as agree to our policies as written on this webpage and in the exam agreement.
- Submit your payment.
- Once you have submitted all information and payment you will receive access to the study resources in Skuid Skool. Within two business days, you will receive a confirmation email with the next steps and login information for the testing environment.
How do I take the exam?
Once you have completed the registration steps (see How do I register for the exam above) and prepared for exam:
- Proceed to Skuid Skool.
- Select the Certification menu option on the left-hand side.
- Locate and select the Exam Prep tab on the upper part of the page.
- Select the ‘Take exam’ option.
- Log into the testing environment.
- You can take your exam right away if you choose.
What equipment will be needed for the exam?
To complete the exam, you will need:
- A desktop or laptop computer
- A stable and fast internet connection
- A supported web browser (see details below)
- A working webcam
- Microphone (or headphones with a microphone)
Before your exam day, confirm that you can log into the testing environment and make sure you’re using a supported web browser..This helps ensure your exam goes well and your system is set up properly. Your login information will be included in the email you receive after registering for the exam.The supported browsers are listed at https://support.questionmark.com/content/supported-browsers-ondemand#participants. Otherwise, you should review the links in the “Getting started” and “Taking an assessment” sections at https://support.questionmark.com/content/participant-support-site.
Can I reschedule my previously scheduled exam?
The certification exam has an open schedule, so you can take it whenever you’re ready. Once you begin your exam, you must complete it and cannot reschedule. Be sure you have reserved adequate time and have all of the necessary equipment in place.
What happens if I miss my exam time?
You should make every effort to be present for the scheduled exam time. If something urgent comes up, you can reschedule before the exam.
We understand that things happen. If you don’t show up for your scheduled exam time, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will work with you to reschedule the exam.
If the scheduled exam time is missed more than one time, there will be a $25 fee for each new reschedule.
Once you begin your exam, you must complete it and cannot reschedule. Be sure you have reserved adequate time and have all of the necessary equipment in place.
Preparing for the exam:
What can I do to prepare for the exam?
We recommend completing all Skuid Level 1, Level 2, Deploy and Manage Skuid Apps in Salesforce, and the Explore More learning paths within Skuid Skool. Once you have registered for the exam, you will have access to a prep guide and practice exam on the Skuid Skool Certification page. Then continue to gain practical experience in your Skuid dev org using the Skuid Skool concepts. Review the additional resources/lessons learned sections for documents and other helpful information. When you are ready, take the practice exam in the certification Skuid Skool portal. Finally, when you feel you are ready, take your exam.
Will I receive a confirmation after registering?
After registering for your exam, you will receive a confirmation email. Be sure to review the system requirements and details in the email before starting the exam.
Taking the exam:
What language is the exam offered in?
The exam is only offered in the English language at this time.
What disability accommodations are available?
Our testing tool is designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. Details about accessibility can be found at What accessibility options are there in assessments? You may also email us at email@example.com with requests or questions.
How is the exam administered?
The certification exam is hosted online. This means you can complete it at your own convenience. You must meet specific environmental and system requirements and adhere to our exam policies. Exam requirements include:
- Be in a quiet, private location, and have a reliable computer device
- Have a strong internet connection
- Perform the system pass test as outlined in the What equipment will be needed for the exam section above
- Anti-cheating mechanisms are in place and honesty and integrity are expected from Skuid candidates
What should I do if I encounter an error during my exam?
If you encounter a technical issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not able to help with your issues during an exam, but we can take note and help as much as possible.
In cases where the exam is interrupted, the exam technical committee will determine the cause of the interruption. If applicable, the Skuid Certification team will work with the candidate to schedule a retake exam or take another appropriate action.
How much time is allowed for the exam?
The exam is scheduled for 90 minutes. If you don’t complete the exam within that time period, your exam will automatically end and your final score will be calculated based on the work you previously completed in the exam. For example, if you answer 35 of the 40 questions when the time ends, your score will be based on the 35 questions you answered. This would be about 88% if you correctly answered all 35.
Can I stop and return to the exam?
No, once you begin the exam you will not be able to stop and return to the exam. The exam must be completed within the 90 minutes allowed.
How many questions does the exam have?
Each exam has 40 questions pulled from a large pool of questions. This means every exam will be different. Each exam variation will have an equal amount of difficult/easy questions with weighted points, and a set number of questions from each topic area.
After completing the exam:
How long is my certification valid, and does it expire?
A Skuid Certification is valid for 2 years from the date of your exam validation. Visit the recertification page in Skuid Skool to learn how to keep your certification current.
If your certification expires, you must take the exam again. Be sure to recertify before the expiration date.
How can I provide feedback about the exam, prep materials, or the entire certification process?
Skuid appreciates feedback regarding your certification experience. Please submit all feedback to email@example.com. Feedback will be reviewed and managed at Skuid’s sole discretion and implemented when deemed appropriate.
When should I expect to see the results of my exam?
Your official score will appear immediately after exam completion. Your exam results will include an overall pass/fail status and the score within each topic area. In case cheating is suspected, Skuid has 30 days to notify you and will require a proctored retest.
Can I challenge a question or exam score?
You may request a review of an exam score by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, exam date, and a detailed reason for the inaccuracy. Please note, Skuid will make every effort to make an appropriate correction, however, Skuid cannot assume you would have passed the exam if an error is found. Challenges will help improve the test, but will not necessarily modify your exam score.
The challenged question or exam score must be reported within 30 calendar days from the exam completion date. The following challenges will not be accepted: challenges to the appropriateness of a question, technical issues experienced with the exam tool, accuracy based on study materials, challenges not submitted through the above email and process, a challenge to the exam process or format, scoring methodology, or to the entire exam will not be accepted.
The Skuid Certification committee will thoroughly evaluate the information, request additional details if needed, and notify you of the outcome. Once a decision is made, it will be regarded as final and no further evaluation will occur.
Retaking the exam:
Can I retake the exam if I do not receive a passing score?
Many successful people in history have failed but succeeded by trying again. At Skuid, if you fail the exam, we encourage you to study and attempt again. Here are the details for a retake.
1. First retake:
- Can be taken after 7 days from the last failed attempt
- Must be taken within 6 months from the last attempt
- $25 retake fee.
2. Second retake:
- Can be taken after 1 month from the last failed attempt
- Must be taken within 6 months from the last attempt
- $75 retake fee
- After a third failed exam score, you must wait one year before registering for the exam again at the initial registration price.
How do I reschedule?
You may register to retake the exam through the Skuid Skool Certification menu status page, or in the failed exam email you received after completing your test.
Are there limits to how many times I can retake the exam?
Each participant can attempt the exam 3 times within one year. This includes the initial attempt and two retakes for a total of 3 attempts.
What should I do differently since I did not pass the previous test?
After your exam completion you will receive an exam report. This will include a breakdown of your score by area. Look for key areas you did not answer correctly and review those. Continue to learn more about Skuid by reviewing the Skuid docs, Skuid Skool courses, prep guide, practice exam, as well as hands-on practice building in your dev org. You can also reach out to the Community for further ideas.
Cost and payment:
What is the payment method to register for the exam?
Payments can be made using one of the following:
- American Express
International payments are accepted.
What is the cost of the certification?
The exam cost is $195. This includes registration for the exam and access to the prep guides, practice exam, and official exam. Upon registration, you will receive an email with the next steps and a receipt. If you need a specific item not listed on the receipt please email us at email@example.com.
What is the cost for recertification?
Skuid certification is valid for two years. The recertification cost is $50 every two years. Recertification includes an updated digital badge and exclusive swag items. For more details about recertification, please visit the Recertification tab in the Skuid Skool Certification menu. Recertification details change occasionally, so be sure to check the requirements.
Can I receive a refund?
All exam materials and the exam itself are non-refundable.
Is there a discount available?
At this time, no discounts are available on the certification registration, retake, or recertification fees.
Is the exam fee eligible for GI Bill reimbursement for Veterans?
Please check with your VA representative first, but generally, you may be able to use part of your entitlement to cover test fees up to $2,000 for a job that requires a license or certification for you to work. More details can be found here at VA Test Fees.
How was the exam developed?
The Skuid Certified - Builder exam focuses on concepts from Level 1, Level 2, Deploy and Manage Skuid Apps in Salesforce, and Explore More learning paths within Skuid Skool. The exam was created using a rigorous exam development process. A Job Task Analysis and a Certification Blueprint were produced by a team of experts as a basis for the exam. Skuid building experts then spent extensive time writing balanced questions which cover the multitude of topics outlined in the Blueprint. This was followed by an in-depth evaluation and review by a committee of Skuid experts. Each question was evaluated for difficulty, accuracy, and relevance. Once exams are delivered, Skuid monitors performance and uses ongoing analysis to ensure the exam is fair and reliable. This exam ensures qualified candidates can demonstrate the required proficiency level by passing.
How do you ensure your exam is updated with your newest feature releases?
Skuid frequently reviews questions to ensure the exam is updated. Skuid reserves the right to update content for any reason at any time to maintain the validity and relevance of our certifications. When a new release is scheduled, the exam updates will occur between 20 and 60 days after the release date. Certificants should view the first page of the prep course to verify when release question changes have been made. Please check this page before your exam to confirm you have prepared adequately for the release content when applicable.
How are the questions scored (weighted, categories, etc.)?
- A Job Task Analysis and a Certification Blueprint were produced by a team of Skuid experts. From that, the importance of topics was determined and added weight was given to the most important topics.
- Categories and topics are given priority by including more questions on that topic.
- The three major topics are Skuid Concepts (45% of exam and score), Skuid App Building (50% of exam and 45% of score), and Launching Skuid Apps in Salesforce (5% of exam and 10% of score). See the Prep Guide course for a more detailed breakdown of the categories and weights of each.
- Based on the category breakdown above, Skuid concepts questions have a relative weight of (1), Skuid building of (0.9), and Launching apps in Salesforce of (2).
What page API version does the certification cover?
As of March 3, 2023, the Skuid Certification is based on page API version 2 (v2). The exam can be taken by those familiar with version 1 (v1). However, there are some differences, so be sure to take the DSS learning path in Skuid Skool. This will help v1 users know how to handle styling in v2. We also recommend v1 builders work through some of the Skuid Skool Solo Adventures in v2 and pay attention to any differences they experience, for example, the behavior of the Text and Form components.
Eighty percent of the exam weight is focused on shared Skuid building techniques and concepts shared between Skuid NLX (Next Level Experience) and Skuid SFX (Salesforce Experience). Approximately twenty percent of the exam is focused on Salesforce questions. There are no NLX-specific deployment questions. However, remember that most data source objects used in scenario-based questions are reminiscent of Salesforce. Skuid EXP (Employee Experience) is not covered in this exam.
What Skuid Skool content is this certification based on?
The Skuid Certified - Builder exam focuses on concepts from Level 1, Level 2, Deploy and Manage Skuid Apps in Salesforce, and Explore More learning paths within Skuid Skool. See the Prep Guide for more specific details about which concepts and courses are covered.
What is the process to re-certify?
Recertification will require many elements. The first and most important is to complete each new release course in Skuid Skool, receiving both a passing quiz score and course complete status. In addition to this requirement, you can complete various activities such as sharing your certification badge, creating and sharing Skuid projects, and other tasks to enhance your Skuid Skills. Additional certification program details will come in the summer of 2023.
What is the cost to re-certify?
Skuid certification is valid for two years. The recertification cost is currently $50 every two years.
What agreements are required as a part of the certification?
Who can I contact with general questions?
*Sorry, but we cannot ship prizes and items outside of the US and Canada at this time.