About the Webinar
IT, procurement, and operations teams in the public sector carry a heavy burden: create digital experiences that are usable, inclusive, and meet stringent 508 compliance standards.
Section 508 requires federal agencies to make their websites and other digital information accessible to people with disabilities. The pandemic has accelerated the importance of online applications that engage citizens and empower employees. Federal, state, and local agencies are under more scrutiny than ever to deliver 508-compliant experiences. Non-compliance means isolating a significant portion of the population and adversely affecting business outcomes. Your organization could also be at risk for legal penalties, too.
The path to 508 compliance can be daunting. But achieving and maintaining these standards doesn’t have to be complicated. Join the US Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA), Skuid, and UsableNet as we discuss how to become 508 compliant easily and quickly. The VA.gov team will share their experiences of addressing a growing challenge of delivering online citizen- and employee-facing apps that are usable, inclusive, and meet stringent 508 compliance standards. We’ll hear how the VA was able to quickly address a non-compliance complaint, and in a matter of months, future-proof their organization for 508 compliance.
In this session, you'll learn:
- Why Section 508 matters, what it entails, and why being compliant is more urgent than ever.
- How the VA solved compliance issues in a critical quality control app.
- How to be proactive in achieving compliance and avoiding legal consequences.
- Change management guidelines on which apps to prioritize.
- How to design and build experiences that are accessible, compliant, and address your users’ needs.
- How to future-proof your applications for compliance with a scalable and declarative foundation.
Sign up today to learn how you can get started with creating digital experiences that are delightful, inclusive, and compliant.